Buying a Home
So you’ve decided to open a new door. What’s next? How do you ensure you are seeing all the available properties in the Victoria area without being overwhelmed with your search? And once you find the right home, how do you negotiate a great price and what due diligence is necessary to avoid any unpleasant surprises?
As your Realtors, we will:
- Provide intelligence on the Greater Victoria real estate market from pricing and availability trends, to in-depth neighbourhood information including issues or zoning changes that may affect your buying decision
- Provide you access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale in the Victoria Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) and through our professional network
- Set up a personalized real estate search system for you that continuously checks for new properties and price changes of homes that meet your specific criteria (e.g. home size, style, features, location, etc.). Our system sends these to you in real time and provides a private web space that you can log into from any computer or mobile device, so you can track your favourites
- Take the time to explain the offer and legal process in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; and the costs associated with buying a home such as inspections, insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees
- Drive you through neighbourhoods that are of interest and arrange for you to see any homes that appeal to you
- Help you obtain property inspections, financing and legal advice
- Negotiate on your behalf, so that you end up with the best terms possible
- Explain, prepare and present your offer to purchase, amendments, notices and waivers
- Keep you up to date with the progress of your transaction at all times
Most importantly, we’ll be there with you every step of the way. From arranging viewings that accommodate your schedule to leveraging our experience, so you are in a strong negotiating position and your interests our protected.
And once you have an accepted offer in hand, we’ll provide a pre-closing checklist, deliver the keys to your new home and even help with a moving box or two.