What is my Home Worth?
There are a number factors that should be considered when calculating the real estate value of your home in Victoria, Oak Bay, Saanich or Sidney, including:
- Location: The appeal of neighbourhood as well as micro location factors such as whether the home is south or north facing, on a quiet street, close to schools, a beach, or other desirable amenities
- Type of property: Single family detached, semi-detached, town house, or condo
- House features: Finished square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, quality of finishes – factors to consider here are numerous
- Style of property: Open floor plans, bungalow vs split level, etc. and its current appeal to the market
- Improvements: Recent renovations and upgrades to the home whether design or infrastructure (heating, roofs, etc)
- Lot features: Privacy, quality of landscaping and outdoor space, views (ocean, mountain, or city views)
- Recent sales in your neighbourhood
- MLS Home Price Index (HPI) based on benchmark data of typical homes in your area
- Current market factors related to supply and demand including how much housing inventory is currently available
If you have questions on the value of your home or would like a complimentary home market evaluation to tell you what your home is worth, just contact us.
We would love to hear from you. You can contact us at:
- (250) 590-8157
- email: Experts@VictoriaRealEstatePros.com
Information for Victoria Home Sellers
Learn more about using a realtor to sell your home, tips for staging, and current real estate market factors that could affect the sell.
Newport Realty has been helping individuals and families sell and buy homes on Vancouver Island for over 30 years. The brokerage was founded by individuals who love Vancouver Island and are active members of the community – from downtown Victoria to Oak Bay, Fairfield to Sidney, or Saanich to Sooke – Newport Realty provides market experience and expertise.
Newport Realty is the exclusive west coast affiliate of Christie’s International Real Estate.
Supported by the esteemed art business, Christie’s International Real Estate is a global network offering exclusive home and luxury real estate services to buyers and sellers worldwide. It is the largest and most successful marketer of luxury homes in the world with a global network of over 27,000 Agents, in 950 offices in 46 countries, and over $115 Billion in real estate sales (in 2016).
Our affiliation with Christie’s International provides additional marketing exposure for clients with real estate priced at $1 million and above, and includes a finely tuned suite of programs that provide a world-class showcase for distinguished homes, including exposure on the Christie’s International Real Estate website which receives more than 70 million online visits each year from discerning homebuyers worldwide.